The best mobile apps for Realtors. It’s no secret that the real estate business is not very hi-tech compared to most industries, but we’re coming around. Real estate agents are mobile most of the time creating a great demand for tools that work while we’re on the road. The introduction of smart(er)phones and tablets have revolutionized how we can get our job done on the go.
I started my real estate career as a technology trainer and even though I ultimately transitioned into real estate sales, I’ve stayed actively involved in the technology side of the real estate business. I occasionally host real estate workshops at local Apple Stores and do my best to help fellow agents raise their level of client service using mobile tools. I LOVE technology! Not in a ‘I’m a Geek’ way, but because it allows me to (arguably) be more efficient. We’re all busy, so the faster I can do my job, the better the experience for me and my clients. For instance, I can look up homes and sales comparables on my phone rather than go to the office and print them out first. If I get a call about a property, I can talk about it while I’m on the call with the person inquiring and even email them the info, regardless of where I am. How about creating and signing contracts on an iPad and distributing it out to all the parties that need it, immediately.
Recently, I spent the entire day previewing homes in Palos Verdes using nothing more than my phone to find homes, contact the agents, research the local values and neighborhoods, take pictures and share with my client, and even open the Supra lock boxes. Pretty cool right? Well, you can do a lot more than that, which brings me to the reason for this post; the question I get almost daily… “Jeremy, what are the best apps for realtors?”. Here are my picks for real estate agents. I use all of these applications pretty much everyday. Most of these apps are available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. (I strongly recommend iPhone and iPad for active real estate agents)
What’s your favorite real estate app? Leave a comment below…
iPhone and Android
- DropBox – The absolute best way to access and share all of your files
- Maps – Do I really need to explain this one?
- eKey – Open Supra lockboxes with your phone (be sure to update BEFORE you go into an area without cell converage)
- MLS-Touch – The entire MLS. Active, pending, and sold homes, instant sales comps, InstaView, and showing instructions
- RECalc Free – Mortgage calculator
- Trulia Agent – Just for agents, manage contacts/leads and check into properties
- DocuSign (iPhone only) – Review and distribute signed documents
- DocScanner 5.0 (or other scanner) – Take a picture of a document and convert to PDF. REALLY comes in handy!
- Cloud CMA – Not an app. CMA’s and Property Reports with a simple email
- RPR – Not an app. m.narrpr.com for Property Reports, Seller Reports, and Market Activity Reports
- Title 365 (or other title company app) – Property Profiles
- Foreclosure Radar – if you subscribe, immediate access to default and foreclosure info
- Mint.com – Manage your budgets or finances from your phone
- GoToMeeting – (Always Be Learning) Attend live webinars on your iPhone or iPad
- CardMunch (iPhone) or CamCard (Android) – Take a picture of business cards to add to your contacts
- Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/Hootsuite/Pinterest/FourSquare/Yelp – Social Media is a great way to stay in touch
- WordPress – Manage your blog on your phone
- Quicklytics – Track your website traffic with Google Analytics (Update 9/12)
- Cards (iPhone only) – Mail (as in snail mail) a Card or a Thank You note from your phone
- iMovie (iPhone/iPad only) – Make movies with pictures and video on your phone
- Dragon Dictation – Talk to text app
All of the above apps work on the iPad, plus these too. Keep in mind your iPad needs to be connected to the internet for most of these apps to work.
- Zipforms Mobile with TouchSign – Not an app, m.zipformsmobile.com, now with a signing solution in the browser
- MLS Touch – Powerful MLS application for SoCal Agents
- OpenHomePro – Cool open house sign in app that creates a listing website too
- Pages – Word processing
- Keynote – Presentations and slide shows
- PDF Expert – Sign and edit PDF files
- Cloud CMA – www.CloudCMA.com Make flyers, buyer tours, CMA’s, and Property Reports
- RPR – Detailed Property Reports, Seller Reports, and Market Activity Reports
- Docusign – Sign and manage documents
- Save a Tree – Have an additional iPad for your buyers to use instead of using the MLS printout (the ink you save will pay for the iPad in no time)